2. If needle of ohmmeter stopped at zero then the capacitor is
(a) Short circuit
3. The capacitor of 10 V having 5 coulomb charge the capacitance will be
(a) 5 farad
(b) 0.5 farad
(c) 0.2 farad
4. The dielectric strength of any medium is expressed in
5. The dielectric strength of any material depends
(a) Its thickness
(b) Its temperature wetness
(c) Both a and b
6. The dielectric strength of medium
(a) Increased with wetness
(b) Increased by the temperature
(c) Decreased by increasing strength
7. If 8μF and 16 μF capacitor are connected in parallel then total capacitance is
(b) 16/3 μF
(c) 24 μF
8. Electrostatic law was proved by
9. Which of the following capacitors can have the highest capacitance value
(10) The capacitance of a capacitor is not influenced by
(a) Plate thickness
(b) Plate area
(c) Plate separator Fill in the blanks 1. The study of the behaviour of charges when they are at rest is called electrostatics.
2. The capacitance is the capacity of capacitor to store the charge.
3. Farad is the unit of capacitance.
4. The total capacitance decrease when capacitors are connected in parallel.
5. The value of εr, is unity in free space.
6. The insulating material between two plates of capacitor is called dielectric.
7. The dielectric strength is voltage per unit length.
8. One micro farad capacitance is equal to 10-6 farad.
9. The unit of absolute permittivity of the medium is joule/coulomb.
10. The power consumed in pure capacitor is very greater. True and False 1. Permittivity is expressed in Farad/m. T
2. The dielectric strength of any medium is expressed in N/m.m. F
3. Bakelite is the best dielectric. T
4. The unit of capacitance is Henry. F
5. Capacitor is charge on both a.c. and d.c. T
6. The dielectric strength of air is 3 kV/mm. T
7. Capacitor does not store energy but it spends energy. F
8. The energy of one electron volt is 1.6 x 10-19 J. T
9. Joules is the unit of current. F
10. The dielectric strength increases by increasing the temperature. T