Search This Blog

Comparison between I.C. Engines and Gas Turbines

Comparison between I.C. Engines and Gas Turbines Points : Comparison between I.C. Engines and Gas Turbines, Difference between I.C. Engines and Gas Turbines, I.C. Engines Vs Gas Turbines
Comparison between I.C. Engines and Gas Turbines
I.C. Engines
Gas Turbines
1.Ignition and lubrication systems is complicated as compared to gas turbines.Ignition and lubrication systems is simpler as compared to IC. engines.
2.Weight per HP developed is greater.Weight per HP developed is lesser.
3.Exhaust gas pollution is more.Exhaust gas pollution is comparatively less polluting since excess air is used for combustion.
4.Thermal efficiency is higher compared to simple gas turbine.Thermal efficiency is lesser than I.C. engine for simple turbine cycle.
5.Fuel cost comparatively costlier fuel required.Fuel cost comparatively cheaper fuel can be used.
6.Work developed per kg of air is lesser.Work developed per kg of air are more.
7.Mechanical efficiency is lower than gas turbine.Mechanical efficiency is higher than I.C. engine.
8.It produces lesser exhaust gases.It produces exhaust gases five times greater than IC. engines
9.Requirement of flywheel is a must.Requirement of flywheel is not required.
10.IC. engine can’t be driven at higher speeds.Gas turbine can be driven at higher speeds (40.000 rpm).
11.Starting is easier.Starting is difficult.
12.Fuel control is comparatively easier.Fuel control is comparatively difficult due to wide operating speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont paste link here..